List Of Scuba Accessories Divers Can’t Live Without
If you are planning on scuba diving then you would know that you need equipment like the oxygen tank and regulator which is essential to breathe in water, the diving suit to keep the body warm, the diving mask to see inside the water and the fins to assist you with your movement in the water. The equipment mentioned above are all the basic necessities for diving, however, along with these there are other scuba accessories which every diver should carry in their dive bag as it will surely help them in need and the list is given below:
- Dive slates or writing pads – Dive slates are also known as writing pads that can be used under water. The uses of dive slates are many, you can write when you are diving and after the dive you can clean it and use it again on your next dive. When you are under water, communication becomes difficult sometimes and on those occasions you can use the underwater writing pads to communicate with one another. Diving instructors use these slates to teach.
- Clips – Clips are very important and are an often overlooked accessory. Clips keep everything in place right from your flashlight to your slate. All the necessary accessories when secured with clips keep them from falling into the water.
- Zip ties – The uses of zip ties are many. They are easy to use and can be used to fasten things tightly. Always carry zip ties on your dives, you never know when you would need one to fasten a clip etc.
- Comfortable mouthpiece – Instead of the normal mouthpieces that you get with dive equipment you can opt for a comfortable mouthpiece. There are many types nowadays and they can be customized for your bite. This accessory will surely keep your jaws happy and you will not have any jaw pain after a great dive.
- Wetsuit shampoo – Your wetsuit can get really smelly after many trips to the bottom of the ocean. The algae and salt can stick to the suit and cause a disturbing smell. However, if you wash your wetsuit with wetsuit shampoo your wetsuit will not smell and you will be thankful for it.
- Mask defogger – Every diver knows that the mask can get really foggy and the most common way to defog a mask is to use your saliva. However, a lot of new divers do not like to use the saliva to defog and they can use mask defogger to defog the mask.
- Underwater camera – If you want to shoot marine life in all their glory you need an underwater camera. Nowadays, there are many underwater cameras with great resolution which will help you take wonderful videos and photographs, you need to check on the Internet for the best ones and buy one of them and carry them on your dives.
- First aid kit – A first aid kit should always be carried by a diver. You never know when you might need one. Make sure that the kit has all the necessary items in case of an emergency.